Guilford Tech Students Win Addy Awards
Valecia Hopper, a GTCC advertising and graphics design student from Greensboro, won three ADDY awards including “best of show” in the recent American Advertising Federation ADDY Awards contest at Dorton Arena in Raleigh. The Triad Chapter of AAF didn’t have a contest this year, and its members were able to compete in the Triangle Chapter’s contest. Hopper won “best of show” and gold awards for her poster advertisement “The Farmer’s Market”. She also won a silver award for her advertisement called “Hunger.”
Six other GTCC students also won awards. They are:
• Jordan Younce of Greensboro took two silver awards for “Teardrop Photography” and “Starbucks Equals Love” poster.
• Amber Adams of Greensboro received a silver award for “Illustration T-shirt Design” and a bronze award for an “Addiction Ad Series.”
• Kat Lamp of Greensboro earned a silver prize for her “ALS Awareness Campaign.”
• Beth Walker of Advance was recipient of a silver honor for her “Lego Clue Game.”
• Adriana Vargas of Rural Hall took two bronze awards for her “Latin Rhythm” newsletter design and “Christmas for the City” Micro Site.